Temecula Valley Rose Society
Links to Other Rose Resources
All external links/sites will open in a new browser window or tab
- Check the California ARS Affiliate Rose Societies links on this page below to access California rose society web sites.
American Rose Society, our parent organization.
- Pacific Southwest District of the American Rose Society
Miscellaneous Sites of Interest
- Portland (OR) Rose Society. Founded in 1889 it is America's first rose society. Portland is also known as the City of Roses. The City's annual Rose Festival has multiple events that run all summer and is justifiably famous.
- All American Rose Selections is an association of growers dedicated to the introduction and promotion of exceptional roses.
- Armstrong Garden Centers has a good section on rose care.
- Baldo Villegas' Bugs & Roses Home Page. "I plan for this web site to be the most complete resource for pest, diseases, weeds, and problems encountered in growing roses."
- Waterwise Botannicals (Formerly Daylily Hill Nursery) See design ideas, plant lists with photos and descriptions, and informative plant care articles. Huge selection of roses, succulents, and water-wise plants. Located in Bonsall, they supplied many of the plants in our newly developed garden areas at Rose Haven Garden.
- EXTOXNET is a searchable database of information on pesticides. Now you can find out how toxic or environmentally unfriendly your bug killers really are.
- GardenWeb The Internet's garden and home community.
- Heirloom Roses is a retail mail order nursery specializing in old, new and unusual roses.
- Help Me Find Roses has a searchable database of rose information.
- Jackson and Perkins - Rose growers. Buy roses by mail order.
- John's Internet Rose Garden (in Napa, CA). Hundreds of print and digitized photographs of his garden, and close-up snapshots of the roses and other flowers that have been collected.
- Crop Production Services (formerly L&M Fertilizer), Temecula is a full line supplier of fertilizers and crop production supplies for farm, landscape and garden needs. It offers TVRS members a 10% discount.
- Morrison Gardens is a nice site with links (some broken) with much information about, of course, roses.
- Quiet Hut A site with a lot of information for beginning rose growers.
- Rose Hybridizers Association. This site tells you how to hybridize your own roses.
- Rose Magazine Their on-line publication.
- Roses Forum (Ask Questions, read FAQs)
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map. This map shows minimum temperatures for Southern California planting zones. Enter your ZIP code to get your Hardinaess zone.
- Weeks Roses A wholesale hybridizer and grower of roses. This web site has an excellent in-color rose reference guide with full descriptions. Their roses are available at most local nurserys in our area. The raised beds at Rose Haven Garden contain some of their most popular roses.
- Wikipedia This famous online encyclopedia has an interesting tutorial on the origins and cultivation of roses.
- World Federation of Rose Societies "is a federation of the national rose societies of 36 countries around the world, representing more than 100,000 rose lovers. Our goal is to expand contact among them and increase the flow of knowledge about the rose."
American Rose Society (ARS) Local Rose Societies (California)
- Butte Rose Society
- California Coastal Rose Society
- Desert Rose Society
- East Bay Rose Society (Alameda)
- East County Rose Society (El Cajon)
- Golden Gate Rose Society (San Francisco)
- Kern County Rose Society
- Monterey Bay Rose Society
- Motherlode Rose Society (Jackson)
- Redwood Empire Rose Society (Santa Rosa)
- Rose Society of Saddleback Mountain (Orange County)
- Sacramento Rose Society
- San Diego Rose Society
- San Francisco Rose Society
- San Joaquin Valley Rose Society (Fresno)
- Santa Barbara Rose Society
- Santa Clara County Rose Society
- Shasta Rose Society (Redding)
- Sierra Foothills Rose Society (Citrus Heights)
- Ventura County Rose Society
Last updated July 17, 2019.
Please report any broken links by their number and name to me.