Temecula Valley Rose SocietyThursday, August 11,2016 Temecula Valley Rose Society Board Meeting Minutes
Board Meeting Minutes
August 11, 2016
Atria Vintage Hills, 41780 Butterfield Stage Road, Temecula
Present: Bonnie Bell, Phyllis Bettelheim, Virginia Boos, Betty Dixon, Barb Purdy, Ann Schryer, Kathy Turgeon, Rebecca Weersing
Absent: Frank Brines, Jeanne Brubaker, Patricia Hirsch, Denise Vaccaro
Call to order at 9:50 am by Co-President Phyllis Bettelheim
Roll call and determine quorum
Reading of June minutes accepted as corrected.
Treasurer's report for month of June & July/Bonnie
● Ratify checks 2489-2473 plus autopay electric and water $1066.61 /June
● Ratify checks 2469-2477 plus autopay electric $808.08 /July
● The motion passed to begin the shade structure as soon as possible.
● Opportunity table/Fundraising: Virginia has collected items for the September Meeting. She will give Jeanne a call. A plant sale is in the planning stages; it is set for 11/5. We may have 100 rose bushes in 5 gal pots to sell.
● Membership: Ann would like to go on to "Go Fund Me" and contact our 150 followers and let them know about a need for funds for the multipurpose structure that will be built and installed in the garden. Ann urges all members to bring a friend to our general meetings.
● Youth Gardening: Barb At the last meeting of Saturday in the garden, Barb reported that the volunteers dug potatoes and planted tomatoes and that each volunteer went home with a watermelon. The cucumbers are coming in. She also discussed the vandalism in the garden and said that the McCabe's will fix it.
Patricia/Betty Val will give a talk about pests and diseases in the garden and Frank will put together an arrangement program for August. Community Education: Frank The arrangement school has been cancelled because Frank is moving to San Diego.
Bonnie, Phyllis, Rebecca Phyllis reports that the garden is quiet and that Nardo did extensive work before his vacation. Grants:
Rebecca & Betty Bonnie reported that we received $1,000. from Riverside County. We did not get the Roripaugh grant. Kathy Katz will apply for a grant from the city of Temecula.
In regard to the multi-purpose shade structure, Rebecca said she would put up the funds for the deposit (if we are short) to begin the building so it can be installed by October.
● Virginia got an estimate of $12,390. on Rose Haven driveway and parking lot re-pavement. Phyllis and Virginia will get two more bids.
New Business:Adjourn at 10:50am
Ann suggests that the Rose Haven Pond needs an automatic water filler. It is Something that would have to be installed. Ann will investigate. There was a discussion on how to get younger members to become Temecula Valley Rose Society members.
Next meeting on September 8th, 2016 at Atria Vintage Hills
Respectfully submitted: Kathy Turgeon, Secretary