Temecula Valley Rose Society
Thursday, October 8th, 2015
Temecula Valley Rose Society Board Meeting Minutes
Present: Bonnie Bell, Phyllis Bettelheim, Jeanne Brubaker, Betty Dixon, Ann Schryer, Rebecca Weersing, Kathy Turgeon.
Absent: Linda Black, Ann Coakes, Denise Vaccaro, Frank Brines, Barb Purdy, Ron Rumbold.
Meeting called to order at 10:05 AM by Co-President Phyllis Bettelheim.
Minutes of September, 2015 meeting approved as read.
Treasurer's Report (detailed report attached to secretary's copy of minutes).
• Motion to ratify checks plus auto-pay for September - #22397-2400, plus auto pay Edison and Rancho Water = total $912.64
• Motion to accept new member Loral Standish.
• Motion to accept new slate of officers for 2016.
• Motion to purchase terra cotta pots for the Louisiana Iris plants for the pond, not to exceed $75.00.
• The 2016 Rose Show date is Friday & Saturday, April 22 & 23 and will be held at the Assistance League.
• Ann let the board know that she is filling out the application to the state of California "Application for registration for nonprofit raffle program." There is a $20.00 fee. She is also working on the "Volunteer of the year" Award.
• Rebecca gave a report on Youth Gardening. The September 19th program on Bats went well. October will include education and planting seeds and salad beds. November will be work on the Quilt Garden.
• Phyllis reports that Nardo is doing a fantastic job on weeding at Rose Haven. We will probably need more straw bales for erosion control. Phyllis will check with Nardo on the placement of them.
• Rebecca reports that Linda Black, Ann Coakes and Ron Rumbold will not continue on the TVRS Board.
• Jeannie Brubaker will be the "Favorite Rose" presenter for the October meeting.
• Our future board meetings will be at Rebecca Weersing's office, 31285 Temecula Parkway, #255. Our December board meeting may be at Atria/Vintage Hills. Phyllis will let us know.
• Ann will work on getting the member questionnaire ready for the November Meeting.
• The Christmas Party menu was discussed. In order to have a more complete menu the board decided to purchase a certain number of complete meals for the party. We will also have to check with Ann regarding the Christmas baskets.
Meeting adjourned at 11:30pm by Co-President Phyllis.
Next meeting 10:00 AM on Friday, November 13, at Rebecca Weersing's office, 31285 Temecula Parkway, Suite 255, Temecula CA
Respectfully submitted, Kathy Turgeon, Secretary.