Temecula Valley Rose
Society Finance Committee Minutes
September 8, 2014
Members Present: Bonnie Bell, Frank Brines, Jeanne Brubaker,
Rebecca Weersing, Roberta Costa.
- Review August Financial Reports for Board meeting Thursday,
September 11, 2014.
- MOTION: To ratify August checks and auto-pay 2299 through
2306 in the amount of $2,706.66
Financial Reports attached to Board
Minutes and are posted at the monthly Member Meeting. A copy is available upon
request to the Treasurer.
- Restaurant Night fund raiser will be Thursday, Sept. 18th
at Richie’s Diner on Temecula Parkway. Frank/Peggy. Note: income (20% of
total purchases) will be used for next year’s Rose Show.
- Macy’s fundraiser August 23rd – to date income
is $470 to be used for Rose Haven maintenance.
- Grants/long term funding/endowments. Met with Oscar Caso
from UCR who provided us a listing of grants available for new or replacement
upgrades to four major areas at Rose Haven. Will continue research. Fund
raising needed to pay professional grant writer.
- Pechanga letter of intent submitted by Ann/Phyllis.
Research their website and apply formally using their on-line grant
- Maria U. fundraising event preliminary planned for spring
2015. Date to be selected soon. Frank
Submitted, Bonnie Bell, Treasurer